- Serve Central
- Service Opportunities
- Music Ministry
- Preschool Academy
- Trail Life USA & American Heritage Girls
- Sew In Love Quilt Ministry
(sign-up form at bottom of page)
At Summit we have many significant ways for you to get involved and experience the joy and meaning of serving others. Following is a list of our ongoing opportunities. Below the list is an online sign-up form for you to begin the process. If you do not see the opportunity you are interested in please complete the form and tell us what you are looking for. Opportunities include:
Prayer is the heartbeat of Summit. It is our lifeline to God and our ministry to each other. The beauty of the prayer ministry is that everyone can do it! If you know the Lord as your Savior, your prayers are a powerful of that relationship. We invite you to join in the ministry at Summit. Opportunities include:
- Prayer Ministry Team – Receive Summit’s Prayer List and pray each week via email. To sign up, call church office @ 770-975-4595 or email email@example.com
Adult Ministry – Lee Gambrell – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday Morning Connections, Small group leaders, Long term life groups
- Journey Discipleship Group Leaders
- Men and Women Ministry Teams
- Church Office Volunteers
- Organizing/maintaining Supply Closets
- Sunday Morning Greeters (inside and outside)
- Parking Lot Greeters
- Hospitality/Large Event Planning
- Mission Partnership/Mission Trips
- Outreach follow-up (call, texts, e-mails, visits
- ESL Class Leaders
Student Ministry – Clay Hitchcock – email@example.com
- Connections Class teachers @ 11:00 A.M.
- Connections greeters @ 11:00 A.M.
- Trail Life and AHG Leaders
Student Wednesday Nights
- Small Group Leader – Lead a small group of students into deeper discussion of what was taught during the message.
- Welcome Desk & Visitor Check-In – Responsible for greeting students, answering questions, giving infor about events, etc, and checking in visitors.
- Security – Help maintain a safe and secure environment for Summit guests. Students are not allowed to leave the student center past 6:30, check out café windows for parking lot roamers.
4 Step Plug-In Volunteer Process
- Observation – Potential volunteers observe areas of ministry twice and are given an Observation packet that includes job descriptions, leader handbook, and leader application.
- Potential Volunteer Interview – All potential volunteers will meet with one of our team members for a 30 minute interview to help determine your area of interest, our needs, expectations, and potential start date.
- SUNDAY CONNECTIONS – New volunteers are required to attend Leadership Meetings once a month on the 1st Sunday of the month.
- WEDNESDAY NIGHT VOLUNTEERS – meet the first Wednesday Night of the Month at 5:30pm.
- 1st Serve
- GO Time! – After the previous three steps have been completed and a background check has been passed, you will begin serving in HSM!
Children’s Ministry – Jerilyn Winther – firstname.lastname@example.org
9:30 A.M. Connections:
- One every week consistent Baby leader (currently rotation)
- One every week consistent Toddler/Two’s leader (currently rotation)
- One every week consistent Kindergarten leader (currently combined with 1st grade)
- Additional check-in desk help
11:00 A.M. Kid’s Worship & Extended Session:
- One every week Baby leader
- Additional check-in help
- Preschooler Music leader (for a Kinder-worship experience)
Sunday 5:30P.M. – S.L.A.M.
- One every week person to help in preschool area
- Wednesday 6:30P.M. – K.I.D.’s Time (currently staffed)
- Large event planning: Easter Celebration, Camp, VBS etc.
- Cleaning crew – Deep clean of all toys and rooms in area
Worship Ministry – Jimmy Slick – email@example.com
- Sunday @ 11:00 A.M. – Worship choir, soloist, praise team
- Sunday @ 9:30 A.M. – Contemporary service praise teams
- Ensembles – men’s ladies, and co-ed
- Video Support ministry – Sunday A.M. video projections, live service streaming, and video editing.
- Audio sound support for services and events.
- Drama Production for major holiday events.
- Decorating the facility throughout the year.
SBCA – Angela York – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mystery Readers for classes.
- Adopt a class, write encouraging notes to teachers, send in treats for children.
- Deep cleaning of chairs, baseboards, mirrors, windows.
More Great Opportunities
- Baker Elementary special needs event
- Connecting with a school – ongoing service and support.
- Builders for Christ.
- Office volunteers – Friday mornings, special projects.
- Home Owners meeting hospitality team.
- Helping Single-Parent Moms in our church and community.
- Visiting people in hospitals, shut-ins, and assisted living centers.
- Facility repair, renovation for future.